Friday, October 9, 2009

a love fool

In my dreams we soar high and fly far,
we sway with abandon in the winds of your land,
I've drank from the eternal springs of your gods in time,
but a bird in my head keeps humming;
you said yu'd love to do my friend.

In my dreams am devote to your gods,
cast away my beliefs I venerate your temples,
I've learnt your norms like many a good slave,
but a choir in my head keeps singing;
you said I can leave, you'll fast get another.

In my dreams I've lost my pride and me,
spun me into yarn am woven on to you,
like a silk wept am holding tightly on to warp,
but a devil with a tail keeps asking;
who slept in your bed last night?

a love fool builds a paradise of cards on sand,
firms it slowly with intricate webs of lies,
I'll not loose my heart bit by bit, bit by bit,
for there's an angel on my pillow saying;
wake up child, dont dream its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment